- 1 How to Enable Q&A in Microsoft Teams?
- 2 Q&A Settings in Microsoft Teams
Q&A in Microsoft Teams allows the meeting organizer to receive questions from audience members and respond to them in real-time in an organized manner.
In a Live Event, the Q&A is already activated. However, in a regular meeting, you must first enable it in the meeting policies before adding it to the meeting settings. Thus, in this post, we will learn How to enable Q&A in Meetings in Microsoft Teams.
How to Enable Q&A in Microsoft Teams?
To allow organizers to enable Q&A in Meetings in Microsoft Teams, you have to do two main actions as the following:
- Enable Q&A in Team Policy in Microsoft Teams Admin Center
- Enable Q&A in Meetings options in Microsoft Teams.
Enable Q&A in Team Policy in Microsoft Teams Admin Center
You can use the Teams admin center to manage which organizers can turn on Q&A in large meetings by doing the following:
- As a Team Admin, log in to Microsoft Teams Admin Center
- From the left menu, click on “Meetings” > “Meetings Policies“.
- Select “Global Org-Wide” Policy and then click on “Edit“.
Note: In case, you don’t need to apply these settings for all people in your organization, you can create a new separate policy for particular users that allows them to only enable auto join meetings in their Teams meetings.
- Scroll down to “Meeting Engagement“, then enable “Q&A“ as shown below, then click Save.
Note: By default, the Q&A is enabled in Meeting Policy, and you can disable it if you don’t need to enable this feature in meetings in Microsoft Teams.
Enable Q&A during a running meeting in Microsoft Teams
As the meeting’s organizer, Although the Q&A is enabled in the Meeting Policy in Admin Center, you will notice that the Q&A still not appearing in the Meeting Options toolbar as shown below:
Therefore, you have also to enable the Q&A as you see fit during a running meeting in the Meeting Options by completing the following:
- As a meeting organizer or co-organizer, click on the three dots “…” to get more options.
- At the More menu, click on Settings > Meeting Options.
- In the Meeting Options, scroll down to find “Enable Q&A“, and tick it to enable it, then click on Save as shown below:
It’s wonderful that the Q&A feature has been activated and is now visible in the meeting toolbar above, as illustrated below.
Note: The meeting data is not deleted when the Q&A is taken out of a meeting. You can see all the meeting conversations if you add the Q&A tab back.
Q&A Settings in Microsoft Teams
Before enabling Q&A in your meetings, there are a few crucial options and settings that you should be aware of:
Question and Discussion in Q&A
In Q&A in Microsoft Teams, you can classify your post as a question or a general discussion as below
Actually, there is no big difference between discussion and question, however, it’s a good way to organize and classify the meeting discussion.
Enable Annonymes Q&A in Teams
By clicking on the settings gear icon, you can control the following:
- Allow attendees to ask questions while this feature is enabled.
- Allow attendees to reply to questions while this feature is enabled.
- Allow attendees to ask anonymous questions while this feature is enabled.
Allow Moderation in Q&A
As an organizer, you can allow Moderate Questions, to review questions before publishing or dismissing them.
Where Q&A is stored in Microsoft Teams?
The Q&A messages created as part of the meeting are stored as Yammer messages, For tenants that don’t have an existing Yammer network, the Q&A Yammer network will be created in the United States Yammer region.
See Also, Where files saved in Microsoft Teams?
In conclusion, we have explored all you need to know about Q&A in Meetings, and How to enable Q&A in Microsoft Teams.