In this post, we will explain Why Security Settings is Missing in Project Online? Also, we will learn how to show Security Settings to manage permissions in Project Online.
You might also like to read Project Server Permission Mode Vs SharePoint Permission Mode
Project Online: Missing Security Settings
In Project Online, I have tried to manage users and groups from PWA Settings but had noticed that the Security Settings is missing as shown below:
Why the Security Settings is missing in Project Online?
Missing Security Settings in Project Online usually occurs because the current PWA Instance Permission Mode is set to the default SharePoint Permission Mode, and the Security settings section is only available in the Project Permission Mode.
In SharePoint Permission Mode,
- You cannot edit the default permissions assigned to any of these SharePoint groups.
- You cannot create additional custom groups.
- You cannot create additional custom categories.
- There is no (Resource Breakdown Structure) RBS filtering.
- The user delegation feature is not available.
- The Impersonation is not available.
You might also like to read Project Server 2016: Missing Security in PWA Settings
How to Enable Security section in PWA settings In Project Online?
To enable Security section in PWA settings In Project Online, follow the below steps:
- Using Admin Account, Go to SharePoint Admin Center.
- Below Site collection with Project Web App (PWA), check your PWA instance URL.
- From the above ribbon, Click on Project Web App > Settings.
- Check the preferred Permission Mode.
Note: Before you decide to switch from one Permission Mode to another, you should be aware of all the current activated Permission Mode configurations settings will be deleted and can’t be restored.
In conclusion, we have learned how to enable the Security section in PWA settings In Project Online to solve the issue of Missing Security Settings section in PWA Settings in Project Online.