In this article, I am going to fix the below issue
Missing Views ‘pjrep.MSP_EpmProject_UserView’ in Project Server 2016 Database.
I have SSRS integrated mode reports that read data from the default reporting views in Project Server 2016 database, Suddenly these reports stopped working for no reason!
Check also How to Install and configure Project Server 2016.
I have tried to investigate the issue by checking the datasets of these reports and I found out that the ‘pjrep.MSP_EpmProject_UserView’ is missing!
It’s a bug in Project Server 2016! You may face this issue in the following cases:
- You have configured a new Project Server 2016 farm that it’s build number less than 16.0.4639.1001 (Jan CU 2018).
- You have patched the current Project Server 2016 farm with a new CU that is older than Jan CU 2018.
- You have performed a migration from Project Server 2013 to Project Server 2016.
Check also Migrate to Project Server 2016 step by step.
Fix the missing report views in Project Server 2016 Database
As a permanent solution: it was planned to fix this issue in the Jan 2018 CU.
- Download the Jan CU 2018 (Language dependent) for SharePoint 2016.
- Download the Jan CU 2018 (Language Independent) for SharePoint 2016.
- It’s mandatory to install both fixes, the sequence does not matter!
- Run the Sharepoint Configuration Wizard after all fixes installed!
- It’s not recommended to install SharePoint update on production environment until tested on dev/test environment.
- Perform a full backup before starting the update process because you can’t rollback the Cumulative Update Installation.
Repair PWA Instance in Project Server 2016.
As a temporary solution: try to repair the PWA instance as the following:
- Open SharePoint Management Shell via Administrator.
- Run the Repair-SPProjectWebInstance abased on your PWA Instance URL as shown below:
Repair-SPProjectWebInstance -Identity https://PWAURL -RepairRule 7
Note: the Repair Rule 7 is used to repair the RDB Views in Project Database.
In this article, I have explained How to fix the missing views in Project Server 2016 database?
- Project Server 2016.
3 thoughts on “Project Server 2016: Invalid object name ‘pjrep.MSP_EpmProject_UserView’”
Pingback: The Project could not be saved to the server In Project Server | SPGeeks
Pingback: Change Project Site URL in Project Server 2013 | SPGeeks
Pingback: Project Server 2019: Query Multiple Values Lookup Field | SPGeeks