In this post, we will learn how to Enable file download Internet Explorer to avoid this error “Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded” that you may face when downloading a file using Internet Explorer on Windows Server 2016.
Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded IE
I tried to download a file using Internet Explorer, but I couldn’t download it, I got the following warning
Can’t download a file in Internet Explorer
This warning usually occurs because the file download option is by default disabled in Internet Explorer Security Setting.
How to Enable file download Internet Explorer?
To enable file download in Internet Explorer, you should follow the mentioned steps below:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click Tools > Internet options.
- Click on the security tab.
- Select the Internet Zone.
- Click on the Custom Level Button and then scroll down to Download.
- Check enable File download and font download.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Restart Internet Explorer.
- The files should now be downloaded.