I have configured the SSRS Subscription to send weekly reports by email that was working properly. but suddenly, I cannot send email from SSRS Subscription although it was worked before!
In this article, we will investigate Why SSRS not sending Emails by exploring the following:
You might also like to read SQL Server Service is not starting
Cannot Send Email from SSRS Subscription
Basically, SSRS subscription is mainly depend on the SQL Server Agent, so that you should first make sure that it;s started and working propely.
Check SQL Server Agent Status
Open SQL Server Management Studio to check SQL Server Agent status, if it was stopped, so you must start it to get the SSRS Subscription working as expected.
But, in my case, when I tried to start SQL Server Agent, I got the below error:
SQL Server Agent was unable to start – Service Logon Failure
Based on additional information in the information dialog, the SQL Server Agent was unable to start because of the Service Logon Failure.
This service logon failure might occur in case the service account password that used to run the SQL Server Agent service has been expired or it has been changed.
Start SQL Server Agent
To solve this issue you should reset SQL Server Agent service account log on information by following the bit steps below:
- Type in Run Dialog services.msc
- Find SQL Server Agent (Your instance name) from services list.
- Right Click > Select Properties.
- Navigate to Log On Tab > Update the current service account password as shown below
- you can also change your service account by clicking Browse and select the new account).
- Click OK > Start SQL Server Agent.
- SQL Server Agent should be started now.
- SSRS 2016.
- SSRS 2012.