In this post, I will explain How to change NLS_LANGUAGE Oracle Parameter in your code using C#.
Set nls_language in toad
I am working on the ASP.NET web application to retrieve data from the oracle database in C#.the data has been retrieved successfully, but suddenly, I had noticed that the format of the retrieving data has been changed, and the web application raises unexpected behavior although I didn’t change anything in my code.
This issue might occur in case, the NLS_LANGUAGE Oracle Parameter has been changed from AMERICAN to ARABIC.
So that I opened the TOAD, and go to Database > Administer > NLS_LANGUAGE Parameter.
When I set nls_language to AMERICAN, the we application is worked properly,
But the NLS_LANGUAGE may be changed again by the database administrator at any time, and this is will raise the issue again! therefore, in the next section, I will try to Change NLS_LANGUAGE Oracle Parameter in code using C#
Change NLS_LANGUAGE Oracle Parameter in C#
Instead of depending on the NLS Parameter setting in Oracle, you should set NLS_LANGUAGE in the code by doing the following:
- Open Visual Studio > Open existing ASP.NET Solution.
- Make sure that Oracle.DataAccess.Client reference has been added.
- In your code, specifically, after the connection database open statement,
Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection mConnection = new Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection(OracleConn); mConnection.Open();
- Add the below code.
var si = mConnection.GetSessionInfo(); si.Language = "AMERICAN"; // for English or ARABIC for Arabic mConnection.SetSessionInfo(si);
- Build and run your application that should be now working properly.
In this post, we have learned How to set NLS_LANGUAGE Oracle Parameter in your code using C#.
You might also like to read
- Read BLOB data in Oracle DB In ASP.NET.
- Connect to Oracle DB from Visual Studio.
- OCIEnvCreate failed with return code -1 in Visual Studio
Have a Question?
If you have any related questions, please don’t hesitate to ask it at deBUG.to Community.