When I tried to open the Report Manager URL, I got the following error:
SSRS: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database
The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database
This problem might occur because of changing the Current Report Server Database Credential.
You might also like to read Install and Configure SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS)
To solve this issue, you should reset the Current Report Server Database Credential by following the mentioned steps below:
- Open Reporting Services Configuration Manager > Connect to Report Server Instance.
- Select Database Tab from Vertical Left Menu > Select Change Credential.
- Select SQL Server Account and type user name and password then Test Connection and click Next.
- After click finish go to again to Reporting Services Configuration Manager Then Report Manager URL and click it.
- Great, The Report Manager URL should be worked properly now.
2 thoughts on “The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database in SSRS”
Hi, I followed the above steps, but I am not able to connect to the Report Server. Can u help with that “?
What’s the error message that you have got?