In this post, we will explain why Project Site is not created automatically in Project Server 2013 to avoid There is no site configured for this Project 2013 issue.
You might also like to read Missing Site Creation Settings In Project Server 2016.
There is no site configured for this Project 2013
- 1 There is no site configured for this Project 2013
In Project Server 2013, when I tried to create a new project from Project Center as shown below:
I have noted that the Project was created successfully, but when I tried to open its connected Project Site.
I got the below message
There is no site configured for this project
Why Project Site is not created automatically in Project Server 2013?
There is no site configured for this project 2013 issue usually occurs because of the Site Creation Settings is by default set to do not create a site when a project is published in Project Site Provisioning Settings.
Solving: There is no site configured for this Project PWA
To avoid “There is no site configured for this project” issue in Project Server 2013, you should allow “Automatically create a site on first publish” by doing the following:
Configure Project Site Provisioning Settings in Project Server 2013
- Open Central Administration > General Application Settings > Manage PWA Settings.
- If you have multiple PWA instance, don’t forget to select Project Web Instance as shown below:
- Below the “Operational Policies“.
- Click on “Project Site Provisioning Settings“.
Note, in Project Server 2016, this option has been moved from Central Administration to PWA Settings in PWA instance.For more details, please check Missing Site Creation Setting in Project Server 2016
Configure Project Site Creation Settings in Project Server 2013
- Beside “Site Creation Settings” > Check “Automatically create a site on first publish“.
- Try now to Create a new project in the Project Center.
- Once the project created and published successfully, check its project site.
- Great, the project site should be created automatically once the project is published.
If you still getting “There is no site configured for this Project 2013” message although you have configured the site creation settings to Automatically create a site on first publish. so you should check the queue job to find if there is any issue raised during creating the new project.You might also like to read WorkflowCheckinNotify.ProjectCheckinNotifyWorkflowMessage
In conclusion, we have learned how to configure Project Site Provisioning Settings and allow Automatically create a site on first publishing to avoid “There is no site configured for this Project 2013” issue in Project Server 2013.
- Project Server 2013.
You might also like to read
- Project Server 2016: Missing Alerts and Reminders Settings
- Create a New Project From SharePoint List Item In Project Server 2016.
- Project Server: Calculate Project Status In Power BI.
- Import Excel Sheet Into Project Server.
Have a Question?
If you have any related questions, please don’t hesitate to ask it at deBUG.to Community.
8 thoughts on “There is no site configured for this Project 2013, Project Site is not created automatically”
Pingback: Change Project Site URL in Project Server 2013 | SPGeeks
I can’t find the “Site Creation Settings” section under “Project Site Provisioning Settings”! I am using project server 2016. Does anyone have this issue?
In project server 2016, it’s moved from the Provision setting to PWA settings > Operational Policies > Connected SharePoint Sites > click on setting button on the tool bar
Please explain?? i have same issue
Hi Hussam, Kindly, check the detail steps at https://spgeeks.devoworx.com/create-new-project-based-on-list-item-project-server-2016/
Your blog helped not once but many a times when in need. Please continue your work. It helps a lot.
your blog really nice, keep
it up! I’ll go ahead and bookmark your website to come back later on